Fishermans Pants Heavy Bright Orange Thai Cotton XLTall
$9.99 $9.61 for orders of 4 or more products $9.03 for orders of 10 or more products $8.07 for orders of 20 or more products $6.92 for orders of 50 or more products $6.15 for orders of 100 or more products
We have no units in stock, if you order this item the expected lead time is 6-12 weeks and you must purchase a minimum quantity of 10 or pay a commission fee of $25. help To see a list of similar items in stock, ready to ship now
Fisherman's pants, sometimes called Yoga pants or Samurai pants, are a unisex style of pants that are very loose and comfortable to wear. Two strings hanging down from the back, you fold the excess waist across your front and tie the strings to hold the fold, resulting in a unique casual pant style.
Suitable for every occasion including casual wear, around the home, surfer wear, night wear as pajama bottoms, raver wear, yoga or meditation. Because these pants wrap to the wearers waist size they are perfect for pregnant woman as maternity pants, the pants grow as you do!
How to tie fishermans pants
To tie fishermans pants first step into them with the strings hanging on the outside at your back. Fold the excess waist across your front from one side to the other, bring the strings around to the front and tie them to secure the waist. You may now fold down the fabric above the strings to create the thick belt appearance.
Fabric: 100% Striped plain cotton
A unique soft cotton material, most shades have strands of two different colours woven together to create a striped effect, some natural shades like white and cream use a single colour. We often catalog this material as fibre cotton and internationally it may be classed as a tabby weave. The label might not state cotton, the cottage industry here does not take care when labeling items.
In North Thailand the dyes are hand prepared and applied. From our experience this material can shrink and the colours may run, especially on the first few washes. To reduce shrinkage and colour loss follow the suggested care instructions below.
- 1 inch (1") = 2.54cm.
- Fisherman pants are wrap pants that fold across your front when worn, one pair can fit many sizes. You will want to select a pair which is about 15-25" larger in the waist than the wearer, less for small waists or a tighter fit, more for larger waists.
- There are a couple of inches above the waist ties which fold down after tied to create the unique belt appearance, this means the length of the pants from waist to bottom hem (outseam) after tied will be shorter than the full length listed below.
- The inseam on fishermans pants is not an important measurement as these pants are made with a very low crotch for extreme comfort.
Full height/length of at least 47.5"
Full waist will be at least 63"
Around the upper thigh/leg will be at least 31"
- Hand wash separately in cold or luke warm water. Do not wash in hot water.
- DO NOT TUMBLE DRY OR MACHINE WASH.
- Do not dry in sunshine, hang dry in shade.
- Do not use Bleach or Chlorine.
- Do not soak for long periods.
- Medium Iron setting.
- Hint: To reduce any colour running or shrinkage soak separately over night in one tablespoon of salt and/or brown vinegar dissolved in hot water and then added to a basin of luke warm water.
- Some shrinkage is normal for cotton and rayon garments, please allow for this.
Fair Trade hand crafted goods
Our handmade items adhere to Fair Trade principles, we deal with the family and village based groups that produce these items, this ensures that the wealth generated by the labor involved goes directly to the people who create them. North Thailand does not suffer from the factories and sweatshops that are prevalent in Bangkok and other Asian centers, we are proud to be a part of this cottage based industry and to support the artists who create these beautiful pieces.
Because of the handmade nature of our items variations in size, imperfections, and differences in colour per batch can happen. We do our best to catalog product accurately but in the event you receive an item that does not accurately match the description please give us the benefit of the doubt, it was not an intentional oversight and we will do our best to find a solution with you.
Prices are in USD unless otherwise stated. Any conversions to non-USD currencies are approximations only, the exact rate will be calculated at the time of payment.
All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.